We strive to make the purchasing process as easy and transparent as possible. Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect.
There is a certain amount of work involved in getting a goat ready to leave our farm. With this in mind, we require that a $100 deposit be made on any goat sold. This deposit is not refundable.
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
If you are purchasing goats from outside of North Carolina you MUST have a CVI for each animal purchased. We are happy to work with you to get our veterinarian to get this done. Customers will be responsible for any CVI associated costs at time of pick-up. We will communicate estimated costs before any fees are incurred, and actual costs before time of pick-up.
We are not a livestock delivery service. However, if our schedule allows, we are willing to help deliver your purchases for the following fees.
- Under 200 miles – $0.50 per mile
- Over 200 miles – Negotiable; Feel Free to Contact Us With Any Questions
Delivery fees must be paid prior to delivery.
- Once we receive your order we will send you an invoice with your total, and instructions on how to submit your payment.
- You may then either pay the $100 deposit per goat, or the whole invoice amount.
- Once we have received your initial payment, we will contact you to arrange a CVI if necessary, and pickup/delivery of your goat(s).
- We will send you a final invoice listing any remaining balance as well as any additional fees. This invoice will be due by date of Pickup/Delivery.
Reservations are handled on a “First Come, First Served” basis. Once we have received your request, we will get back in touch with you to verify your request and let you know how many people are ahead of you for the pairings you have requested. When a requested kid is born, we will contact you to confirm your interest and discuss a deposit. We reserve the right to first pick.